My Loose Tooth
我要换牙了
合适年纪:5-12岁
作者:Stephen Hrenshy
绘者:Hideke Takahashi
牙齿松了,可是一向不掉下来怎么办?掉下来了,牙仙子才会来。我龇牙咧嘴,单脚跳,牙齿仍是没有掉,究竟怎样才干让牙齿掉下来呢?
01
I brush. I brush.
我刷呀,刷呀。
I'm in a rush.
我在赶时刻。
02
Oh, no! My tooth!
噢,不!我的牙齿!
My tooth is loose!
我的牙齿松动了!
03
My other teeth are still stuck tight.
我其他的牙还很健壮。
My other teeth still like to bite.
我其他的牙还可以咬东西。
04
My loose tooth moves.
那颗松动的牙齿动来动去。
It twists around.
Back and forth and up and down.
它可以前前后后,上上下下地滚动。
05
Should I stop my crunchy crunching?
我是不是大约不吃那些硬的脆的东西了?
Should I stick to mushy munching?
我是不是大约吃点软软的糊糊?
06
Do lions have this problem,too?
大狮子也有这样的烦恼么?
What do sharks and hippos do?
鲨鱼和河马会怎么做呢?
07
I smile. I frown. I growl. I stare.
我浅笑。蹙眉。吼叫。瞪眼。
08
My tooth stays loose.
我的牙齿仍是松动的。
It's just not fair.
这不公正。
09
I want it out!
我想把它拔出来。
And then, you'll see,
然后,你就会发现,
The tooth fairy will visit me.
牙仙子会来看我的。
10
I hop around on just one foot.
我单脚站着四处蹦跳动跳。
11
I get tired—my tooth stays put!
我累了—— 我的牙还在上面。
12
And then one day,
然后,有一天,
While I'm at lunch…
我正在吃午饭,
My tooth ends up in what I munch!
我的牙齿总算掉了下来。
13
“Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!”I shout.
“万岁!万岁!万岁!”我大喊着。
“My tooth! My tooth! It's finally out!”
“我的牙!我的牙!我的牙齿总算掉下来了!”
14
There is a hole in my mouth now.
如今我的嘴里边有一个小洞。
It will fill up.
可是它会自个填上。
Do you know how?
你晓得怎么填上么?
15
A brand-new tooth will take its place.
一颗新的牙齿会替代它的。
A brand-new part of my old face!
旧面孔,新成员!