??He whispered to her, but she did not move.
他对她低语,可是她一动不动。
He was surprised Girls were usually very ready to look at him.
他很惊奇,女孩子们一般都很情愿看他。
Suddenly he put his arm out, pulled her red plaits, and said in a loud whisper,
他遽然伸脱手,捉住她的红发辫子,用大声的私语说,
“Carrots! Carrots!’
“胡萝卜!胡萝卜!”
Anne jumped up and looked angrily at Gilbert.
安妮跳起来发奋向上的瞪着吉尔伯特。
‘You are horrible boy!’ she cried.
“厌烦鬼!”她喊。
‘I heat you!’ And then she brought her heavy book down on Gilbert’s head.
“我恨你!”今后她用厚重的书打了吉尔伯特的头。
Mr. Phillips heard the noise, and came slowly to the front of the schoolroom.
菲利普师长教师听到了消息,慢慢地从课堂的后边走了过来。
‘Anne Shirley, why did you do that?’ he asked.
“安妮·雪利,为甚么那末做?”他问。
She stayed silent. Gilbert said,
她一言不发,吉尔伯特说,
‘I’m sorry, Mr. Phillips. I was rude to her. That’s why she hit me.’
“我很抱愧,菲利普师长教师。是我先对她无礼的。所以她打我。”
But the teacher did not listen to Gilbert.
可是教员没有听吉尔伯特的诠释。
‘I cannot have bad children in my school,’ said Mr. Phillips firmly,’
“我不克不及让坏学生留在黉舍,”菲利普刚烈地说。
‘Anne, go and stand in front of the class.’
“安妮,去站在全班同窗的眼前。”
And there Anne stood for the rest of the day, a lonely little girl with a small white angry face.
那天安妮就一贯站孤伶伶地站在那儿,一张小脸气的惨白。
‘I hate Mr. Phillis!’ she thought.
“我厌烦菲利普师长教师!”她想。
‘And I’ll never look at or speak to Gilbert Blythe again!’
“我再也不睬吉尔伯特了!”
未完待续~